WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Every year hundreds of children and young adults are trafficked for the purpose of sexual exploitation in Ontario. Sex trafficking is a crime mostly hidden from view, and it continues to grow each year.
- Victims are primarily children and young adults aged 11 – 25
- Majority of victims are Canadian born from local communities, forced by their handlers to work in the sex trade (high-end hotels, motels, strip clubs, body rub parlors, private dwellings).
- Traffickers do not discriminate. No one, regardless of race, sexual orientation or socio-economic background, is immune from victimization
- The GTA and Ontario’s 400 series highways account for 60% of trafficking cases in Canada
- Human trafficking is second only to drug/gun trafficking in terms of size of illegal enterprise worldwide
- Severe physical abuse, drug, and emotional dependence are used to control victims
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
Please help make a positive difference in the lives of survivors who have managed to escape the bonds of their trafficker. Your gift will help fund important research necessary for:
• Development of effective clinical programs that will meet the unique needs of survivors
• Government policy formation